Guide to the Albany County Clerk records
Scope and Content
This record group contains records created by the county clerk's office and may include records relating to county government administration, county commissioners, budgets and receiving books, elections and appointments, land ownership, brands, county contracts and agreements, corporation and business records, marriages registered with the county, community welfare, motor vehicle titles, and cartographic records.
Language of Materials
The collection is open for research though some record types may be restricted. Access to security microfilm rolls, and military discharge records is restricted. See also notes in the container list.
Limited duplication of print materials allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
The county clerk's office manages records relating to county government administration, real estate transactions, corporations, marriages, elections, road and bridge maintenance, and motor vehicle registrations. Prior to 1909, livestock brands were registered at the county level. Historically, counties were also responsible for the welfare of their citizens and often oversaw early efforts to financially assist the poor, mentally ill and elderly.
48 cubic feet
131 Volumes (approximate number of volumes)
1197 rolls of microfilm (approximate number of rolls)
Records of the Albany County Clerk.
Arranged by record type. See container list for more information.
Transferred from Albany County Clerk's office.
Alternate Formats Available
Selected records available on microfilm at the Wyoming State Archives. Selected records have been digitized and are linked within the container list.
Finding aid created in 1980s, updated as additional records were received. Finding aid encoded in 2018.
- Albany County (Wyo.)
- Albany County (Wyo.)--Public records
- Albany County (Wyo.). Board of County Commissioners
- Carnegie Public Library (Albany County, Wyo.)
- Civil defense--Wyoming
- Douglas (Wyo.)
- Fire fighters--Wyoming
- Free Public Library of Albany County (Wyo.)
- Irrigation districts--Wyoming
- Ivinson Memorial Hospital
- Laramie Regional Airport
- Laramie, Hahn’s Peak, and Pacific Railway Company
- Livestock brands--Wyoming
- Marriage records--Wyoming
- Mental illness--Wyoming
- Mineral industries--Wyoming
- Political elections--Wyoming
- Public welfare--Wyoming
- Railroad construction & maintenance
- Railroad stations
- Real property--Wyoming
- Recording and registration
- Rural Schools--Wyoming
- Union Pacific Railroad Company
- Voting registers--Wyoming
- Guide to the Albany County Clerk Records, 1878-1993
- Edited Full Draft
- Suzi Taylor
- © 2020
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
Part of the Wyoming State Archives, Wyoming Cultural Resources Division, Wyoming Department of State Parks & Cultural Resources Repository
2301 Central Avenue
Cheyenne Wyoming 82002 United States